It has never been a better time to find the perfect place for your child’s early education. If you’re looking for a place that emphasis a balanced education with outdoor activities, then check out below newest addition to Namsan International Kindergarten: Nature Play.
You can take a “virtual tour” by clicking Namson International Kindergarten for the video they made of their students enjoying the new space to run and play.
Nature Play At Namsan International Kindergarten (NIK)
“There is a growing body of research that shows that young children’s access to nature and outdoor play is positively associated with improved self-esteem, physical health, development of language skills, and disposition to learning”
(Davy, 2009 (57))
Here’s what NIK has done to incorporate nature play at our beautiful kindergarten!
Nature play areas are designated areas that emulate a natural environment where children can engage in creative, unstructured play with natural elements. Recently, at NIK our teaching team worked together to design two nature play areas for our children that focus on:
- Sensory stimulation
- Making connections with numeracy concepts in our environment
- Practice and master of motor skills- balance, coordination, spatial awareness and mobility
- Increased cognitive development, language skills, personal, emotional and social skills
- Promoting children’s sense of wonder, imagination, problem solving skills and curiosity
- Opportunities to negotiate and take risks
- Developing and inspiring an awareness, respect and appreciation for nature
The nature play areas have now been created at NIK and we are thrilled to share a glimpse of these unique places with you.